Sunday, February 19, 2017

XO Rekindle

I'm a firm believer that quilts are like fine wines and cheeses.  They need to age!  I made 4 X-O blocks 3 years ago to enter in the Madison Modern Quilt Guild's monthly Block Lottery.  For some reason, I couldn't make it to the meeting, so my blocks never got entered.  I tucked them away in a tote with the thought that I would turn them into a quilt someday.

This year, I brought the blocks and fabric I had set aside with me to retreat, where they safely stayed tucked away in their tote!! =O  I was hoping to find a way to arrange the blocks with the 2 yards of grey fabric that I had into a modern design with a lot of negative space.

Last week I was motivated to move this project along.  I hung the blocks up on my design wall and squinted at them a while.  More blocks!!  I need to make more blocks!  So I started to assemble what I could with the grey that was separate from my 2 yard cut.  That made almost 6 blocks. Now that I have momentum, I've decided that I need to do 20 blocks total and arrange them in a 4 x 5 layout.

Here is what I have so far:


Ironically, Timehop shared with me that it was 3 years ago this week that I made the original block!!
I can't wait to assemble this top!


xoxo
Kristin

ps
linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts and Patchwork Times

4 comments:

  1. you are in good company, I have many finely aged projects, and yes now that I have retired I am getting around to some of them, but it will take a lot of time to finish all, but while they wait they are ageing nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like a good wine, a good quilt block just keeps getting better! You've got over the hurdle and made a start--wish I was that proactive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks to me like this was well worth finishing!

    ReplyDelete