Sunday, March 2, 2014

Lazy-ish Saturday

The way things are in my life/schedule right now, I can pretty much only sew on Saturdays.  I had grand ambitions to sew tons and tons of X's for my Goodnight Irene quilt this week.  The way my Saturday unfolded, it wasn't looking too promising...

First thing on Saturday morning, I tackled some chores.  I couldn't avoid it!

Then at 10 am, I went to an awesome local indie craft show - "Ritz Crafters".  This is the 2nd time attending and it didn't disappoint! 


I did my best to support the artists. =)

 
This mug is made by my fellow Mad Modder, Nicky Ross of N*Star Studio!  I can't wait to use it!

 
After shopping, brunch was in order.  Lazy Jane's!! Yum!
 
And this brings me to the laziest part of the day.  When I got home, I didn't feel revved up to start sewing, I instead needed to nap.
 


 
You see, it was March 1st.  We've had a particularly brutal winter in Wisconsin.  I'm rather tired of it.  And Mother Nature decided to give us another snow storm.  This picture doesn't capture my view as well as I would like it to.  But this snow was very 'snow-globey'. 
 


 
After some much needed lounge time, I finally made my way into the sewing room.  At this point, it was after 4 pm!  The outlook for several X's wasn't looking good...

But I persevered and made a bunch more.  The quilt is starting to take shape!














In addition to the Irene X's, I finished the 4th X O block lotto block that was in the works.  I think this is officially a new UFO and can't be called a block lotto (the drawing was last month)!  I'll call the quilt 'X O' for now.  It might change to something like Ring Ding? Ring Toss?  Who knows.
 
Linking up with Judy's Design Wall at Patchwork Times and Lily's Small Blog Meet Up


2 comments:

  1. I like the solid blue for your Irene blocks. It is fun to see how different everyone's blocks look. I love your pink and purple blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I missed your irene blocks! They look great! :0)

    ReplyDelete