Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Life Lesson

Irons are Hot!


Ask me how I know? I touched the metal cylinder part of this one with several fingers today.



Grrrrr. I've owned this iron for quite a while, but rarely have I used it. Normally, I want a lot of steam and don't need precision, so I just use my regular iron. Today, I started putting the blocks together of Funky Box Baby Quilt and realized that this is the perfect opportunity to use the little pen shaped iron. Here are the seams that I was trying to press open.

It's been 30 minutes since the "incident" and my hand is doing better. The ice was hurting just as much as the burn. I think I'm going to have a blister on the pad of my middle finger and the inside part of my thumb. ='( I think I'll make it.

On a brighter note: The funky boxes are looking cool and it's not taking very long to put them together. Right before the "incident", I remarked to myself, "Huh, it's only been about 45 minutes and I've gotten this much done?!?!!!". I have more done than this photo, but this section was feeling the most photogenic.



In other Wisconsin news, we had some prett strong flurries yesterday. I tried to capture them in a picture. The spots you see here are the flakes, not your eyes playing tricks on you.

My Christmas Cactus seems to be ready for winter, because it's already blooming!
One last quilty note: Instead of working on all the other projects I have going on right now, I decided to start the wallhanging Nancy gave me. It's pretty simple, but I still managed to make some boo-boos. Despite those (which will remain un-named) it's going together well. All I have left to do is one seam (top 1/3 to bottom 2/3) and the borders. It calls for mitered borders and I don't like those, so I'm dragging my feet a little bit.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin
    I hope your fingers are ok. I've learned the same lesson some time ago and just remembered the pain as I saw your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! ouch. All for the sake of that gorgeous quilt! I can't wait to see it all done. Is it for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristin,
    Love your blog. Where can I find the pattern for "Funky Boxes"?
    Thanks,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete