Saturday, January 5, 2008

Mess-o-borders

Prior to Christmas, I put my nose to the grindstone on the scrappy blue/green/purple checkerboard borders for the Woodpile quilt. The volume of squares seemed overwhelming, but I kept chipping away at them. I don't know if I have enough yet. My next step is to lay the quilt top out on the floor and arrange what I have around it so I can keep like fabrics apart. Progress came to a standstill around Christmas. As it turns out, I think it was good to take a break from it and get some perspective. When I took a look at it this week, I felt re-energized. Now all I need is some free time in my schedule to get back to work on it. Here is the last picture taken of my border mess. It's further along right now, but my camera isn't cooperating, so I can't give you a current picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment