Sunday, September 8, 2019

Summer Summary

I don't know what has happened to this summer?  It definitely flew by and even though I did some fun quilty things, there wasn't time to capture it on my blog.  I will do my best to catch up.  People ask me why I blog and the answer is simple-- I like the journal aspect and love to look back on what I have done over the years.  So- let's get this good stuff recorded for posterity.  If you are a Princess Bride fan (like me!!), you can't hear that word without thinking of this.  =P

The biggest, most awesome quilty thing I did this summer was travel to Oregon and attend the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.  It was so! much! fun!  This show was a bucket list item for me and it was totally worth it!  And while there, I got to meet a longtime FB friend in person.





My little cousin, Sarah got married and she totally loved the quilt I made for her. ❤



I started up a new block of the month at Blue Bar Quilts.  It's called 'Chocolatier' and the pattern is by Anne Marie Chany.  I've got a few blocks done, but I'm a bit behind.  That's how summer goes!


I made two mini quilts for the Mad City Quilt Guild's booth at Quilt Expo.  The them was 'G is for...'.  I had fun with this, because I could use 2 plays on my last name (and this blog!!). =)



The last thing I have to share is a short re-cap of 2019 Quilt Expo.  As usual, it was a great time!  They are changing the name of the show next year.  It will be the 15th year and the organizers wanted to emphasize our state in the name, so it will be 'The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show'.  

I entered Scrap Happy Sampler and received lots of kind words from everyone.


Maybe I have one more thing to share... my garden didn't have the greatest season (many reasons), but I did grow some beautiful sunflowers! Enjoy!


xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with: Oh Scrap! and Let's Bee Sewcial

4 comments:

  1. You've been busy with lots of fun things! Nice to see this update. Your "G is for..." quilts are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the summer. Soon it will be cold and you will have lots of time for sewing. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your quilt at Quilt Expo on Friday and really loved the colors and the great quilting you did.

    ReplyDelete