Sunday, March 11, 2018

On Ringo Lake - Top complete!

Great news-- I sewed the final seam on my On Ringo Lake last week! Wooot! Do I call the top done? I'm not sure-- it's mostly queen sized, but if I were to use it on a queen bed, I would like it to be just a smidge bigger.  So I might add about a 3" border of orange/coral 'bricks'.  We will see.  It can age while I think about it. 😊


Now that I'm done with that monumentous project, I can try and tidy up my sewing room.  It has been a bit out of control.  In January, the Mad Mod guild had a speaker that talked about how to go about organizing your sewing space.  She has a business where she will help you bring your space to its fullest potential.  I contacted her to help me and we have a date!  April 27th! I can't wait to improve how I work and to make my closet more than a "throw stuff in and shut the door" place. =O

Yesterday, to celebrate Caturday, Finn assisted me in my sewing room.  He is such a 'helper'! =/  Ay carumba! I love him and that he spends time with me while I sew, but he can be relentless about where he thinks he needs to be!! Apparently it is not enough that I've gifted him the office chair I used to sit in...


I worked a little bit on the first of 2 plus quilts and have all of the blocks sewn into rows.  It won't take much to call this top complete!  I have been curating and cutting brights for a second version of this, but I still haven't snapped a picture.  Maybe next week?  I have some fun quilty things on deck-- Tuesday is the Sun Prairie Quilt Show and Friday I leave for a retreat weekend near LaCrosse.


xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with Judy's Design Wall MondaysLorna's Let's bee Sewcial and Cynthia's  Oh Scrap!!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the On Ringo Lake top finish! I am of the opinion to go big--oversized on bed quilts. Good luck figuring that out. I am very curious to see how your meeting with the organizer goes--my sister hired one once to help and there was no improvement, but that was probably my sister's fault. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Ringo Lake. The variety of oranges really gives it a wonderful scrappy look. As for Finn...be grateful he is willing to live within the environment and hasn't pushed everything to the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congratulations on getting your quilt top complete! Mine isn't too far behind - still working on sashing but the blocks are done. I know what you mean about having to clean up - after all those pieces, I am feeling the urge to clean my space too. How wonderful that you are getting someone to help you and give you ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your epic finish. It turned out beautifully with or without an additional border. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ORL looks fantastic! Congratulations on finishing the top. Finn is soooo fluffy and "helpful" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! on getting your ORL top together. Looking forward to see the colorful version of you Plus Quilt! The contrast between the two should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a job you did with your Ringo Lake. I'm in awe of such work!

    ReplyDelete