Friday, November 24, 2017

Finish! Kitchen Sink Scrap Quilt

Happy Finish News!  Wooo-hoo!

I have a fully complete quilt to share.  I started this as a way to use scraps to make the back of a quilt and too many people protested and said that it was worthy of being it's own quilt.  I caved and promoted it to being a top.

It's bright, fresh, fun and used up all kinds of leftover bits.


Here is a close up showing the quilting.  I did a simple loop-dee-loo that stitched up super quick and is whimsical and bouncy.


 In other news-- I splurged on a photography frame to hang quilts on to get better photos.  One slight problem right now--  I have limited daylight hours that I'm not at work and then Mother Nature has made those times windy and/or rainy!  I tried to take pictures outside, but it was way too windy.  Here's a picture showing the frame. I ended up setting up on my covered front porch and had a little bit of wind protection.


This quilt is one of my Q4 Finish-A-Long projects.  And I will be donating it to the Dane County Foster Program on behalf of the Mad City Quilt Guild.

xoxo,
Kristin


editing to add link to my original FAL goals post

9 comments:

  1. It turned out great! So bright and cheerful. I'm glad you promoted it to a top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What bright and fun quilt! Great use of scraps. I know how you feel about the shorter daylight this time of year. I end up saving all my picture taking for the weekend when I'm off work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun way to use up your scraps! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was too happy not to be on a front. So cute! It looks about 60 inches, which is a nice manageable size. I'm with Monona Quilters and love making Project Linus quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It worked up great! Such happy bright colors. My scraps are a bit more somber, but I have been using them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun finish - Mother Nature and I are having the same challenge with sunlight. :D

    On behalf of the global hosts of the Finish A Long, thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. kitchen sink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks kitchen sink brands

    ReplyDelete