Sunday, October 1, 2017

Sew 15 Minutes September - Wrap up

I had such a great September in terms of sewing.  By challenging myself to sew every day, even if just a little bit, it really got my mojo going!  There were just a handful  of days that I missed and I sewed some really, really long days throughout the month, that I think I'm covered.

Thanks to all of that dedication, I got my Galaxy of Stars fully assembled!  WooooHooo!!!!!!


I started assembling the top on September 1st and on Saturday--the 30th, the end was in sight!  I pushed through and kept plugging away, because I really wanted to have a completed top in the same month I started it.  The final assembly was a bit tricky, but I was up for the task!  I used some more partial seams that I learned from Mary Fons and voilá!  There is one bit that in hindsight I wish I could re-work, but to quote one of my early quilting instructors, "Done is good!!"  This top is now in the queue to be quilted and I have it listed as one of my Q4 Finish-A-Long goals.  I want to show it off in January to the retreaters that contributed blocks.  

The best part about finishing the stars?  I have my design wall back!  I could sew on the borders to Hekla!


AAAAAACK! I was so pleased with myself last night that I got this sewn on nicely, but not until just now, did I realize the corner squares are supposed to be orange and not grey!!!!!  Grrrrr.  Harumph.  I thought this was done and ready to be quilted, but I guess not.  Taking pictures and stepping back are really important ways to gain perspective on your quilts!

Oh well-- back to the seam ripper this will go.

xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with Judy's Design Wall Mondays and Lorna's Let's bee Sewcial

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin,
    Your galaxy of stars is fun - I am a huge fan of stars. Never met one I didn't like. HAHA An empty design wall just needs to be filled up - I think I would leave the corner squares as grey. I think it looks great the way you show it. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the corners don't look out of place either because there are long gaps between the little squares. Lovely work on both the quilts - there seems to be a little galaxy swirl going on with the top one! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your galaxy of stars! So pretty! Good luck on the next step!

    ReplyDelete