Thursday, August 10, 2017

Finish! XO Quilt

After rushing to bind several quilts for Finish-A-Long Q2, I slowed down with completing the hand stitching on this quilt.  I'm very happy with how this quilt turned out.  It was never something I had a vision or plan for from the beginning.  Originally, I made four blocks for the Mad Mod block lotto, but I ended up not being able to attend the meeting.  So those blocks languished for a while.  I considered making a 'lots of negative space' quilt with the four blocks, but as I arranged them on the design wall, they told me to make more blocks! And so(sew) I did!  =)

I'll be gifting this to a co-worker's little girl next week.  She is four and when I asked what colors she liked, I was told pink and purple-- Perfect!!!  I hope this will bring a smile to her face and make her feel special. 💗



This is my first finish of Q3 2017.  I started this quilt in February 2014 and finished it August 2017.

xoxo
Kristin

1 comment:

  1. That's going to make one four year old girl very happy!

    ReplyDelete