Friday, April 28, 2017

Quilting Saturday!

I'm working my UFO's right now and really trying to meet some of my Finsh-A-Long goals.  Last Saturday, I did a whirlwind 24 trip to my parent's house and used the long arm.  In that short time, I quilted 3 tops! (2 were baby sized, but still!!)

First up was to quilt the pink/purple XO quilt.  While testing out the machine outside of the quit, the tension was not cooperating.  It took over 1 hour of fussing to get everything sorted out.  Originally, I was going to do a pantograph, but because of my time constraints, I changed gears and decided to do a 'custom' loop-de-loo with a mum type flower in the grey centers.




I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  Quilting is something where the more time you spend doing it, the better you become.  And I have a lot of gaps between quilting tops, so I needed to brush off some rust. My mum flowers definitely evolved over the course of the quilting!! =O

Lunchtime was so yummy!!  My mom and I went to one of my favorite places-- Big Star Drive In!


Next up-- the twin baby Thousand Pyramid quilts.  I planned to load both quilts on the frame at once and do super simple wavy lines.  I scored some minky at Joanns for $6 a yard the day before!! It gives the quilt an amazing drape and the back just begs to be pet!



I **love** the texture of the wavy lines!!



Ta daaaaaa!


Now to select some binding and finish these quilts up!!

xoxo
Kristin

ps

No comments:

Post a Comment