Sunday, January 8, 2017

2016 - Year in review

Another year has passed and it seems to have gone faster than ever.  How is that?!?!  I always have ambitous goals, whether it is chores on a Saturday, things to do on a vacation or quilts to make in a year.  Looking back on 2016, I might think that I wasn't very prolific in finishes, but I had a lot of wonderful experiences.

I quilted my longest UFO (my bed quilt) and completed the binding in less than a week! (2006-2016).



I entered a quilt at Quilt Expo for the first time! And-- my Aunt Nancy happened to be visiting from Seattle at the same time as Expo and was able to spend a few hours there with me (so much fun!!).  



I sent my second quilt ever home with Nancy to give to my cousin who is expecting her first child! This quilt was waiting patiently for a special home.


I added another vintage machine to my collection.


I had a fantastic weekend in Eau Claire making bags and meeting new people.


I participated in the Lutherdale gala quilt again and feel honored to help with such a fantastic cause.

I've started what I think is my most stunning quilt ever!


I'm settling into my new sewing room at my new home and feel very blessed.


All in all, it was an amazing year!!  And I can't wait to see what 2017 brings.  The way things are looking, this might be the year of the baby quilt.  I have plans to make quite a few. 

xoxo
Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment