Sunday, November 20, 2016

Barn Quilt + Lion progress

Last week I took a Barn Quilt class at Ardyth's Sewing in Baraboo and it was all kinds of fun!  We picked our pattern in advance and they drafted the block for us before class.  All I needed to do was show up and paint! My design is 'Whirling Star',


My Lion Quilt is coming together quite nicely!  The bottom section is complete and just needs a few long seams sewn together.  I'm actually a bit further along than this, but don't have the latest photo. =(  I'm still a bit obsessed and would rather be sewing on this than doing practically anything else!  The perspective in the photo is a bit deceiving.  This finishes at 60" x 60"  It will be pretty big!


Linking up with Patchwork Times - Design Wall Monday and Sew Fresh Quilts - Let's Be Sewcial

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. So jealous--I want to make a barn quilt to hang on my hubby's workshop since it is as close to a barn as we have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great barn quilt! We don't have many in our area at all. Your lion is coming along nicely. I so wish I enjoyed paper piecing. I'd make the lion or the elephant.. or both! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your barn quilt looks fabulous! What a fun class that must have been! And the lion is coming along nicely. Will be a beauty when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete