Sunday, September 14, 2008

Quilt Expo - Day 3: The End!





Day 3 at the Quilt Expo! It was just as fun as the prior days. I picked up some fabric: more bright, funky stuff for Jessica's baby quilt, a fantastic soft black for my Star BOM and a lovely brown that I want an entire bolt of --it's that nice!

I met my mom and some of her friends there. My mom attended a lecture on how you can gadgets from the hardware store and other places to use as notions in your sewing room.

After lunch, I decided that I had spent enough time and $$ in the shopping area, so I could attend a lecture. I picked, "My Dear Jane Journey" by Sharlene Snellman. It was lovely.

But before my talk started, I had a little bit of extra time, so I participated in the sit and sew and donate. UW Health was promoting heart health at the expo and they (along with Nancy's Notions) sponsored a project where you can sew a block that will go into a quilt that will be auctioned off. The proceeds will go to The American Heart Association.


OK, back to the lecture-- The speaker brought her Dear Jane quilt (done in civil war repro fabrics) and wore a period dress. She talked about how she got started making this quilt (something she never thought she would do!) and everything she has learned along the way. She's been to a special retreat in Vermont where Jane Stickle lived and even had lunch in her house. The talk inspired me to start on this project sometime soon (January?).
Posted by Picasa
All in all, this year's expo was a lot of fun and I'm already looking forward to next year. =)

1 comment:

  1. I attended Quilt Expo too. I have read quite a few blogs about it and it is so interesting to see all the things you miss through someone elses eyes. I'm really going to have to make an effort to get to more lectures next year. I bet the Dear Jane lecture was very interesting

    ReplyDelete